Saturday 12 February 2011

Kitchen Equipment

I realize I have been rather depressed recently, I realize it because my American Express bill has gone through the roof on kitchen equipment. I suspect that buying good kitchen equipment is a defensive mechanism if you are depressed. You need to feel that, at least in your kitchen, that the garlic crusher is just the best and the stock pot sufficient for all eventualities, including the cooking of several cows feet, just in case something goes terribly wrong. Note also, the kitchen being small, there is no room for extravagance.
I was chatting to Scott about this, and he smiled and said, 'Well if you are in too deep in this world, if there is too much thinking going on, there are two things you should do; take a course in First Order Logic and learn to cook.' He's right, students by enlarge have difficulty navigating the design world because they do not apply logical processes and probably have little chance to cook well. So I'm sure they are by enlarge depressed also. So the advice holds: take a course in First Order Logic and learn to cook. My problem is I'll have to look up what First Order Logic is, for of course I am just as dilettante as all the rest. For a lesson in this difficulty, best view Fellini's La Dolce Vita.

No comments:

Post a Comment